and plan growth to prevent sewage spills into sound and
- Utilize police and fire department recommendations for
emergency management and crowd control.
- Parking and emergency transportation needs.
- Examine the toll road concept relative to road cost
and maintenance; parking vs. toll revenues; replacement
of the original median and speed limit adjustment.
potable water and greenspace conservation in the
- Maintain dunes and dune field protection.
- Obtain beach and estuary nourishment funding and
- Establish community garden plots, nature walks and
- Re-invigorate the Caretta Turtle Project.
the level of assistance from regional, state and federal
- Work for increased city-county communications and
cooperation, especially with emergency services.
laws fairly & consistently.
- Control tourist crowds and special events with public
safety and emergency accessibility as primary concerns.
- Obey zoning setbacks, height limits and greenspace
a repository for individual & family stories and
mementos of Tybee history.
- Rejuvenate Historical Marker program.
- Support the preservation of historic buildings &
- Establish the official position of Tybee Historian.
family recreation while stressing litter & noise
- Promote Eco-Tourism.
- Repair Boat Ramp at Alley #3.
- Extend the bike & hiking trail to Tybee.
- Work with Chamber of Commerce to support kayaking,
elderhostel and bed & breakfast / inns.
local artists & craftsmen.
- Maintain the informal resort-residential atmosphere of
- Work to preserve historic sites and structures.